Sunday, December 20, 2009

purple carpet


Last weekend I went to Perth for my friend Andrea Cartwright's 50th birthday. That's her dog Momo.

Perth is awash with blossoming trees at this time of year. Purple jacarandas, orange christmas trees, melaleucas, red flowering gums.

It was hot, 39 degrees on Saturday and we swam in the ocean.

When I was on the other side of the Indian Ocean, just over two weeks ago, I noticed a new follower on my blog. Trevor Kidd was the only one I didn't know personally. I sent him a message, thinking we may have met through mutual friends. I even thought we had connected in Perth when I lived there years ago, his name seemed familiar.

If I had been more attentive to my blog, I would have read the message from him via Liz Chater in the UK, wanting to contact me. If I had been more attentive, I could have met him when I was in Perth.





No comments:

Post a Comment