Friday, October 30, 2009

khoj kolkata


Khoj Kolkata is hosting my residency here. It is a small and very lively group of artists, writers and academics who develop and facilitate a whole range of projects, residencies, workshops and exhibitions. While they do have an international residency program, their focus also lies closer to home in some challenging projects with communities in Kolkata and West Bengal.

The project I am working on over the coming weeks will be included in an exhibition curated by Dr Paula Sengupta, one of the founders of Khoj Kolkata, artist, writer, lecturer and curator. I also want to acknowledge here Abhijit Gupta who is really the backbone of the organisation. He too has many hats ... artist, designer, project manager, meeter and greeter and general problem solver for resident artists like me. My thanks to both Paula and Abhida for their support and assistance.

Here's the Khoj Kolkata website ... www.khojkolkata.org ... read more.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely fascinating Michele - I wish I was there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Liz! I'll send you a message on FB.
    m x

    ReplyDelete